VIVID DESCRIPTION OF THE FUTURE STATE
- Imagine 15,000 students enrolled by 2025
- Imagine a top 200 ranking by US News and World Report
- Imagine SIU Carbondale being renowned for having a campus that is diverse, inclusive, and where every student feels safe and at home
- Imagine our campus leading the way by being completely carbon neutral within the decade
- Imagine if we were no longer a best kept secret in our region…
There are a number of competing priorities on a campus as large and as diverse as ours. In an effort to give our teams focus, we have identified five strategic pillars to give our faculty, staff and strategic partners clarity about the areas we will prioritize in our planning and funding.
These pillars are:
Student Success & Engagement
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Branding & Partnerships
Research & Innovation
View the details about each pillar
We have organized our objectives and initiatives around these five pillars, and we will work to identify our measurable goals and add new initiatives as we tackle this plan in the coming years.